SOC Analyst - Level 3 Supervisor
The role holder’s normal working hours will be 08:30 – 17:30. Where required the role holder will provide shift cover to L2 SOC Analysts; either 07:00-19:00 or 19:00-07:00.
Due to strong sustained growth in CNS Managed Security Services business – CNS require an experienced security professional who will be responsible for the security monitoring & log analysis of multi-vendor security solutions. Operating out of CNS Security Operations Centre (SOC) located in Camberley, Surrey the role holder will be expected to assist Level 2 SOC Analysts to evaluate the type, nature and severity of security events (security assurance/security compliance) through the use of a range of security event analysis tools. The role holder will have an excellent understanding of common security exploits, vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques.
The role holder will be primarily using a SIEM (Security Incident and Event Management), IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection/Prevention System), NAC (Network Access Control) toolset to perform log analysis and monitoring activity along with other security solutions to aid investigation and troubleshooting. The role holder will be expected to engage appropriate incident response and corrective action as required or as set out in associated Service Level Agreement.
In addition to event and log analysis the SOC Analyst Level 3 role holder will be responsible for incident management where requested by a client or escalated by Level 2 SOC Analysts.
The role holder will be responsible for providing internal analysis of trends and exploits seen during the shifts and present to CNS management.
The role holder will have a supervisory responsibility for the day to day support and supervision of the SOC Analysts on shift and shift rota.
dent response and corrective action as required or as set out in associated Service Level Agreement.
Level 3 SOC Shift Lead Duties:
The role holder will act as technical lead to the Level 2 Shift SOC Analysts. This will involve:
- Act as technical mentor to SOC Team Analysts
- Oversee technical development of SOC Analysts
- Principal point of technical service escalation (incident/problem management)
- Provide technical vision to SOC service creation and operational efficiencies
- Oversee/manage technical issues effecting SOC Analysts
- Support Services Management in maintaining productive SOC operations
- Oversee management of SOC Threat Use Cases (system)
- Work in conjunction with Pen Test team to continuously develop CNS threat intelligence
- Act as Security/Service Report Authority
- Deep understanding of computer network, routing and switching protocol
- Exposure to incident response and threat monitoring
- Familiarity with offensive attack sequence and defensible security
- Experience correlating security event data and leveraging SIM/SIEM frameworks
- Deep understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows OS
- Demonstrable experience of holding team supervisory duties
One of more of:
- CCNA, CISSP desirable
- SANS GIAC, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC or similar certification desirable
- CEH, SSCP
- OSCP Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- British Citizen
- SC Clearance
- Up to £45K (neg) based on experience
- Workplace Pension (3% Employer Contribution)
- Employee “Thanks Reward Scheme”
- Income Protection Benefit
- Death in Service Benefit
Please contact email@example.com
for more information.
For further job opportunities follow us on LinkedIn